1. The Company
We are a fast growing, high quality, professional audit, tax & advisory firm, located in Nairobi and Kisumu, Kenya. In line with our rapid expansion, we are looking for candidates who are committed and responsible to join us in our audit team. We are meritocratic firm, committed to train our staff and encourage sharing of knowledge among Staff & Partners.
2. Job Description
The role reports to the Audit and Tax Managers and Partners/Directors on various assignments at any one time. The applicant should be ready to lead assignments. The role will provide excellent career progression for the right person.
• Planning, leading, managing and supervising execution of external audit and other accounting / advisory engagements
• Assisting with the setting of budgets, pricing and deadlines and ensuring that audit and other assignments are completed within these limits
• Reviewing audit / accounting / advisory work and finally signing-off on delivery reports
• Regular meetings with clients to obtain updates on their business, discussing issues and presenting audit findings
• Interacting directly with Partners on matters related to client and engagement management
• Setting objectives (goal-setting) with the audit team, providing support and coaching for more junior staff, and giving them constructive feedback on their performance
• Training, coaching and developing Staff and Senior accountants for advancement
• Ensuring quality audit work and client service
• Communicating with clients as well as the internal accounting and audit departments of clients to ensure delivery of exceptional client service
• Establishing client relationships, anticipating client needs, responding their queries, being alert to both commercial concerns and technical accuracy
• Ensuring the set project recovery levels are met, audit fees are billed and collected on time
• Assist with strengthening existing client relationships and developing new business opportunities by participating in sales meetings and working on proposals
• Qualified accountant (ACCA, CPA, ACA) with at least 5 years audit experience with a reputable audit firm
Must be an ICPAK member.
• Must also have an undergraduate degree or higher
• Strong business awareness and an ability to identify audit issues arising from transactions (audit)
• Relationship with the revenue authority (tax)
• Strong leadership and business development skills and integrity within a professional environment
• Technically good knowledge of modern auditing methodologies, ISAs and IFRSs
• Good working knowledge of Kenyan tax laws
• Excellent supervision, communication and ICT skills (especially knowledge of VT, Quickbooks)
• An additional qualification in ICT will be advantageous
• Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
• Team player, with the ability to multi-task, be flexible and work under pressure
• Socially confident with good diplomacy and organisation skills
• Self starter with good analytical skills and a proactive approach to problem solving
• Dedicated and hard-working
5. How to apply
Send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org by January 26th 2017.
Your application should include a cover letter indicating your desire to work with us, a detailed CV highlighting relevant experience, details of current and expected salary, a daytime phone contact, email address, and the names of three professional referees.
Applications that do not contain current salary will not be considered.