Our client is an capacity building organization seeking an experienced professional to join its team as a Grant & Proposal Officer. The individual selected will identify, define, and develop funding sources to support existing and planned program activities as well as coordinate the development, writing, and submission of grant proposals. The position is also responsible for
collecting, analyzing, and reporting data on the performance of program activities that are
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree or have worked in related discipline with a minimum of three
years of related experience and a proven track record in grant writing and program development. Candidate must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, be proficient in research, interpreting, and analyzing diverse data and possess the ability to work collaboratively and independently to achieve stated goals.
GRANT WRITER – Job Description
Qualified candidates should possess excellent writing and computer skills (Microsoft Office Word, Access, Powerpoint and Excel), and database management skills. The candidate must be highly organized with the ability to implement systems and follow-up processes, able to effectively work under pressure, use independent judgment and produce a quality work product within tight time constraints. Previous experience will demonstrate a proven track record in securing new funding opportunities; comprehensive knowledge of research, and the ability to distinguish and identify funding opportunities for special
Primary responsibilities include preparation of proposals and grant applications, and performance of responsible professional and administrative work in researching, identifying, developing and responding to public and private grant opportunities in the areas of Agriculture/Food/Farming, Animal Welfare, Arts
and Cultural Programs, Business Incubation/Development, Christian Programs, Youth and Children, Civil
Rights, Community Development, Education,
Energy and Environment, Healthcare Services, Medical/Research, Social Services, Technology.
Work is performed under broad direction of the Manager with the majority of work performed independently.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Researches and identifies new government, corporate, foundations and private funding prospects.
• Generates proposals and supporting documents in response to solicitations.
• Generates revenues for Client programs and services through timely submission of well-researched,
well written and well-documented grant/fund-raising proposals.
• If required supervise other consultants hired for specific writing purposes.
• Maintains and implements funding calendar activities, including cultivation activities.
• Writes reports to government, corporate, foundations and other funders.
• Acts as liaison with program staff. (If needed)
• Identifies funding opportunities and new program areas to match client’s priorities, using research tools.
• Serves as a liaison to all funding agencies or organizations. (If needed)
• Engages with program officers at organizations to solicit invitations to submit proposals.
The correct candidate will be paid a retainer and commission on all successfully funded grants and/or proposals. The position is on contract with the possibility to grow to permanent subject to performance.
If you believe you are the correct fit for the position. Please e-mail your CV, 3 References and expected remuneration to: email@example.com. Kindly quote the Position Grant and Proposal Officer on the subject line. Deadline is January 31st, 2018